Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide "essential services", that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following additional services:
- Child health surveillance - together with the health visitors.
- Contraceptive services - including implants & coils.
- Cervical smears
- Maternity services - antenatal and postnatal care provided together with the midwives from The Southern General Maternity and The Princess Royal Maternity. Did you know you can now call the Midwife directly to book your first appointment? Simply call 0141 232 4005. Remember once you are 34 weeks to collect your free Emma's Diary 'Labour Information Pack' available at reception.
- Travel Immunisation - clinics on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. Please see the above tab for more information on travel requirements.
- Cryotherapy - the freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
Please see additional pages under further information.
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following "enhanced" services:
- Annual flu immunisations - for the elderly and "at risk" patients.
- Regular monitoring by blood and urine tests - for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Heart disease - annual comprehensive reviews.
- Stroke/TIA - annual comprehensive reviews.
- Multiple sclerosis - annual comprehensive reviews.
- Diabetes - annual comprehensive reviews (including appointments with the dietician and podiatrist).
- Childhood vaccination & immunisation - together with the health visiting team.
- Minor surgery - including special injections.
- Methadone substitution programme.